locked Re: jtalert v2.10.5 - with WSJTX V.18 / Windows 10 ----Can not save JT Alert settings

Joe

It is working now. I had to delete all the files (2)
Just did config settings and pointed jt to my adif log file for rescan. Saved perfectly and B4 alerts are showing fine.

Thanks for the help and especially for a great program..

Joe
VE1BWV

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017, 1:45 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 9/12/2017 4:35 AM, Joe wrote:
I have used Jtalert for a long time and it has worked very well!.
I recently cloned my hd to a larger one... everything appears to be working fine with the exception of JTalert

I works but always but jtalert always returns to default settings.
If i go into JT Alert settings and assign various settings, sound card for announce , It appears ok , sounds selected , voice speaks etc
However, as soon as i save  and close the setting they all return back to default.

I have deleted and reinstalled but no change...

Any help would be much appreciated

Joe
VE1BWV
Joe,

Sounds like your config file has become corrupt.
JTAlert maintains backups of the config.sqlite file (up to 7 days worth) so you should be able to recover by restoring one of the backups.
Do the following...
  1. Stop JTAlert
  2. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory...
    %localappdata%\HamApps\
    VE1BWV\config\JTAlertX\
  3. You will see several files with a utc data/time as part of the filename. These are the backups and the data/time was when they were created.
  4. Delete the config.sqlite file.
  5. Rename one of the backup files to config.sqlite, choose a file that was created prior to you experiencing the Settings save problem.
  6. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and make a simple change.
  7. Close the Settings and JTAlert.
  8. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and check if the change made in step 6 is still set.
  9. If the change wasn't remembered, repeat steps 4 to 8, using an older backup.
  10. If none of the backups correct the problem, then the only option is to delete the config.sqlite file and start JTAlert without that file. It will be automatically created and you will need to re-enter your Settings and run a Scan Log to update your Wanted Lists.