locked Re: JTAlertX 2.10.5 Not displaying all decoded calls

Mike Anderson

Just as a thought.    Recheck your filter settings.   With the new upgrade it might have changed.     I only decode calls  that are LoTW or  eQSL  {{yes I know a lot of people dont like that but I want a confirmation]  so I dont see a lot of decodes on my screen.    Anyway with the new filter combinations you might be blocking a particular call.

Mike K5NAN

On 12/3/2017 9:46 PM, aa5am@... wrote:

Hello All,

I've been a JTAlertX user for a little over a month now and love it.
I initially installed version 2.10.4 and have not had any problems that I am aware of.
A couple of days ago, I upgraded to version 2.10.5. No issues with the upgrade.
Today is the first time I have really had the opportunity to use it since upgrading.

The problem I am having is that a portion of the decoded callsigns in WSJTX appears in JTAlert.
I did not notice  this on v2.10.4 but I have also been on during the day on 15-20 meters when the band is packed with signals and there are too many decodes to count and compare before the screen clears.

Right now 0330utc  I am on 20m and there may be a max of 6-7 decodes in any given sequence.
For example, Lets say there are  5 decoded calls in a sequence in WSJTX and only  3 are displayed in JTAlert..
There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to how many calls are displayed. Could be all, none or somewhere in between.
There are also does not appear to be any patterns with the callsigns that are missing.

I've been watching the decodes history window and  all decodes are appearing there. Just not all are making it to the JTAlert display boxes.

I noticed the same thing when on 30m but on 160m , it seems to be more consistent about displaying all the decodes.  Not sure why the band would make a difference.

Reloaded v2.10.4 build 0002. Everything seems to be working normally. Not seeing any sequences with missing decoded calls.
Reloaded 2.10.5 build 0000 and the problem returns.
Rolled it back to v2.10.4 and everything is OK.

So here's the rundown:

JTAlertX 2.10.5
WSJTX  v.1.8.0-rc2 r8069
Win7 Professional 64bit  (Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601)

JTAlert Instance : #1
JTAlert Start Parameters : /wsjtx (using UDP)
WSJT-X Window Title : WSJT-X   v1.8.0-rc2   by K1JT
WSJT-X Command Line : "C:\RADIO\WSJT_1.8rc2\bin\wsjtx.exe"
WSJT-X   --rig-name :
WSJT-X Config File : C:\Users\computer\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version : 1.8.0-rc2
WSJT-X Revision : r8069
WSJT-X UDP ID  : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema : 3

Any ideas as to what may be happening? Configuration problem? Software bug?

Regards,

Scott AA5AM