locked Re: JT Alert and HRD

Bill Renick

I followed the directions below and now everything works just as before with logging to my hrd logbook working again. Thanks for a great program and support below!! I did have to delete the old config.sqlite file and start jtalert again and rescan my logbook but no problems with that.

Thank you Laurie

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 10:03 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io <W8BLR@...> wrote:

Thanks Laurie for the detailed instructions! I will try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

73,

De W8BLR,  Bill

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, December 1, 2017, 9:47 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 2/12/2017 1:24 PM, Bill Renick via Groups.Io wrote:
My hrd version is 6.4.0.787 works with jtalert and wsjt-X , however, does not work with hrd logbook. I select "my logbook" in settings, apply, then save but when I come out of settings JT alert says no log selected. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 and AVG. Had worked perfectly, prior to upgrades this past spring.
Sounds like your config file has become corrupt and not retaining any changes.
JTAlert maintains backups of the config.sqlite file (up to 7 days worth) so you should be able to recover by restoring one of the backups.
Do the following...
  1. Stop JTAlert
  2. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory...
    %localappdata%\HamApps\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\config\JTAlertX\
  3. You will see several files with a utc data/time as part of the filename. These are the backups and the data/time was when they were created.
  4. Delete the config.sqlite file.
  5. Rename one of the backup files to config.sqlite, choose a file that was created prior to you experiencing the Settings save problem.
  6. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and make a simple change.
  7. Close the Settings and JTAlert.
  8. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and check if the change made in step 6 is still set.
  9. If the change wasn't remembered, repeat steps 4 to 8, using an older backup.
  10. If none of the backups correct the problem, then the only option is to delete the config.sqlite file and start JTAlert without that file. It will be automatically created and you will need to re-enter your Settings and run a Scan Log to update your Wanted Lists.