locked Re: JtAlert no longer storing 'Settings'

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/12/2017 12:08 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
I've had a few BSOD's lately caused by Kaspersky and Acronis.

Though this may not even be related, NOW I notice that JTAlert is
telling me NO Log ... even though "Test" cl;aims to see DxKeeper

Also, among many other settings never getting saved, Alert Sound
location, Alert notification, number of rows and columns ... location of
JtAlert WRT position of WSJTx

Yes I uninstalled and yes I downloaded the latest, today .. still the
same problem

if attachments come through, then you can see the picture of the problem

Hellllppppp please

-- 73, Bob KD7YZ
Bob,

Sounds like your config file has become corrupt.
JTAlert maintains backups of the config.sqlite file (up to 7 days worth) so you should be able to recover by restoring one of the backups.
Do the following...
  1. Stop JTAlert
  2. Use Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory...
    %localappdata%\HamApps\KD7YZ\config\JTAlertX\
  3. You will see several files with a utc data/time as part of the filename. These are the backups and the data/time was when they were created.
  4. Delete the config.sqlite file.
  5. Rename one of the backup files to config.sqlite, choose a file that was created prior to you experiencing the Settings save problem.
  6. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and make a simple change.
  7. Close the Settings and JTAlert.
  8. Start JTAlert and open the Settings and check if the change made in step 6 is still set.
  9. If the change wasn't remembered, repeat steps 4 to 8, using an older backup.
  10. If none of the backups correct the problem, then the only option is to delete the config.sqlite file and start JTAlert without that file. It will be automatically created and you will need to re-enter your Settings and run a Scan Log to update your Wanted Lists.