locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: Version 2.0.1 Updater does not work for me

Joe Subich, W4TV

click on the Sounds and Databases url's and i get
the message in Firefox "Server not found"
*LOOK* at the urls ... they're missing ".com" after Ham-Apps ...
add it manually and they will work.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 11/10/2012 4:29 PM, David wrote:
Hi Laurie....
click on the Sounds and Databases url's and i get
the message in Firefox "Server not found"

73 David VK4BDJ

On 11/11/12 07:21, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

Bob,

I strongly advise against setting JT-Alert to run as administrator. It
is not needed and can create issues when interacting with other
programs that are not run as administrator. JT-Alert, at different
times spawns other processes that wont have this elevated privilege
which can affect the purpose of the spawned process.

There is no reason why you should have been able to download the
Databases setup and not the other two. The experience of several other
users has been the opposite, with the Databases failing while the
other two download and install fine.

Direct Downloads...

http://ham-apps.com/dnl/JTMacros/Ham-Apps_JT-Macros_2.0.2_Setup.exe
http://Ham-Apps/dnl/Sounds/Ham-Apps_Sounds_2.0.0_Setup.exe
http://Ham-Apps/dnl/Databases/Ham-Apps_Databases_12.11.06_Setup.exe

Download each file to a temporary directory, stop JT-Alert, then run
each file to install. The files can then be deleted from your
temporary directory.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 11/11/2012 5:58 AM, wb4son wrote:
As always, hat's off to Laurie for JT-Alert. Many thanks!

I am having a very similar problem as Tim did.

Running JT-Alert 2.01 on my Win7 64 bit system. Install of program
went fine, into a separate directory from 1.60. It appears to run
BUT the Program Update function hangs for either Sound Files or
JT-Macros (It did work for the Callsign Database, however). It opens
a small window titled "Ham-Apps Updater 1.0.2" and indicates
"Checking for updates...", but nothing happens. I verified that both
JT-Alert.exe and Updater.exe have "Run as Administrator" privileges
That JT-Alert Compatibility Tab has "Run this program as an
administrator" box checked (and I am running it as the Administrator.

Is there any way to snag the Sound and Macro stuff by hand, since the
updater doesn't seem to find them?

73, Bob, WB4SON