locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: Version 2.0.1 Updater does not work for me

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups04@...>

Hi David,

They work fine here using Firefox, but the urls are broken, missing the .com
Try these...

http://Ham-Apps.com/dnl/Sounds/Ham-Apps_Sounds_2.0.0_Setup.exe
http://Ham-Apps.com/dnl/Databases/Ham-Apps_Databases_12.11.06_Setup.exe

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 11/11/2012 8:29 AM, David wrote:
Hi Laurie....
click on the Sounds and Databases url's and i get
the message in Firefox  "Server not found"

73 David VK4BDJ

On 11/11/12 07:21, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

Bob,

I strongly advise against setting JT-Alert to run as administrator. It is not needed and can create issues when interacting with other programs that are not run as administrator. JT-Alert, at different times spawns other processes that wont have this elevated privilege which can affect the purpose of the spawned process.

There is no reason why you should have been able to download the Databases setup and not the other two. The experience of several other users has been the opposite, with the Databases failing while the other two download and install fine.

Direct Downloads...

http://ham-apps.com/dnl/JTMacros/Ham-Apps_JT-Macros_2.0.2_Setup.exe
http://Ham-Apps/dnl/Sounds/Ham-Apps_Sounds_2.0.0_Setup.exe
http://Ham-Apps/dnl/Databases/Ham-Apps_Databases_12.11.06_Setup.exe

Download each file to a temporary directory, stop JT-Alert, then run each file to install. The files can then be deleted from your temporary directory.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 11/11/2012 5:58 AM, wb4son wrote:
As always, hat's off to Laurie for JT-Alert.  Many thanks!

I am having a very similar problem as Tim did.

Running JT-Alert 2.01 on my Win7 64 bit system.  Install of program went fine, into a separate directory from 1.60.  It appears to run BUT the Program Update function hangs for either Sound Files or JT-Macros (It did work for the Callsign Database, however).  It opens a small window titled "Ham-Apps Updater 1.0.2" and indicates "Checking for updates...", but nothing happens.  I verified that both JT-Alert.exe and Updater.exe have "Run as Administrator" privileges That JT-Alert Compatibility Tab has "Run this program as an administrator" box checked (and I am running it as the Administrator.

Is there any way to snag the Sound and Macro stuff by hand, since the updater doesn't seem to find them?

73, Bob, WB4SON