locked Re: POLL : Do you run JTAlert against multiple copies of WSJT-X and JTDX concurrently on the same PC? #POLL

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/07/2017 1:45 AM, Guy G4DWV/4X1LT wrote:
I tried FT8 and find it too hectic, which is probably why WSJT-X has introduced some automation for QSOs. I have got too used to doing other stuff when working T10 and JT65/9, like watching YouTube videos and checking QRZ pages.

One copy of JTDX is enough for me. I agree with Jay about finding features in JTAlert. I have found so much new stuff too, so much that I need to work my way though all the options and reconfigure most of them. Thanks Laurie, could not work JT modes without JTAlert.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

Thanks Guy,

I am not on-air at the moment (have been for just over 12 months), so am unable to test FT8 live. BUT, during my testing with FT8 I quickly realised, it wont be a mode for me to use regularly. I will likely only ever use it to try and work a much needed DXCC or State that is only on FT8, otherwise I will be using JT65/JT9. I like my leisure time at the end of a TX period. the 2 secs for FT8 is too short for me. Now if a new 30sec t/r period mode was introduced with say 5 or more secs of decision time, that would get me interested.