locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Lost Logbook

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Scott,

HRD5 should be able to tell you the name of the file. It will be wherever you named it when setting up HRD. The file name will also be visible in the JT-Alert config window, unless you are using the ODBC DSN option, if so the will have to go back to HRD to find out what file the ODBC DSN is pointing to by looking at the settings of the individual DSN. Unless you are using MSSQL or MySQL for the database for HRD logging, then there is no individual file to email me and you would have to use the appropriate database management tools as outline in the HRD documentation somewhere. If you don't have MSSQL or MySQL for logging, then there will exist a .mdb file somewhere that is the log file. MSSQL and MySQL are not installed by HRD and has to be done by the end-user, so if you don't know what I am talking about, then the odds are you aren't using those methods.

Maybe someone on the list with more HRD experience can help you locate the file. I don't use HRD except for testing purposes.

Let me how you get on.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20-October-2011 10:02, Scott L. wrote:
Laurie,

I see your email address as groups03(at)vkdxer(dot)com.

I'm still not sure what you want me to send you. I am using HRDV5, using Win7. What is the name of this file? And, once I get my logbook back, I would be very happy to beta test for you.

Scott

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...> wrote:
�

Scott,

you can send the log file (I assume you are using a MS Access file under HRDV5) direct to the email address that should be visible in this email.

The extra log fields was provided so that items like Name, QTH, and other data that user may wish to have in the log and is not provided by JT65-HF, will get saved to the log when logging is complete. This was provided to avoid the need to then access the HRD, DXKeeper, whatever logging application to add/change that information after it was in the log.

Clicking in those fields shouldn't have produced the problem you saw. I have added some additional error checking into the logging code to do an additional callsign DXCC check (if it is missing) to avoid logging missing DXCC number to the log.

If you wish to try the new 1.5.1 beta email me. In this new version, I have been unable to break the HRD log.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20-October-2011 09:45, Scott L. wrote:
Laurie,

How and where can I send the log file to? At this point I don't think I'm going to be able to do this, plus I'm going to have to ask you what exact file I'm looking for to send to you.

I don't use the Log Fields feature. I do know this morning while working a Russian station I wanted to see what the Log Field does, and it appeared it had no use to me. I'm wondering if just the fact I had that enabled and I had clicked in a couple of those fields that I had this issue today?

Thanks for your help!

Scott
KN3A

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...> wrote:
�

Hi Scott,

If you are uncomfortable with manually editing your log file, email it
to me direct and I will correct it
The problem is that the DXCC code field,which is a number, in your HRDV5
log has no data and HRD chokes.

The only way I have been able to reproduce that happening is to log a
callsign using the JT65-HF "Log Contact" window and entering the
Callsign there while there is no callsign entered on the main JT65-HF
window in the "TX to Call Sign" field. JT-Alert uses the callsign on the
main window to determine the DXCC, CQ, ITU, etc. Since that data is
missing, because of the no callsign, no DXCC is Sent to the HRD log.

I am working on the fix. I had never anticipated people would log
without first having the QSO entered on the main screen.

de Laurie, VK3AMA