locked Re: : Logging failure

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups08@...>

Joe,

I could not find anything of significance in your session files. This is not unexpected. For performance/responsiveness reasons, JTAlert caches its debug data in memory and flushes it to disk periodically. Once JTAlert hangs (and needs to be killed) any cached records are lost as they are never written to disk. Whether the hang actually generates an error that JTAlert captures is unknown, I suspect not as whatever the cause is fatal.

Does your Windows EventViewer show any JTAlert specific entries?

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 26/01/2017 9:04 AM, 'Joe Subich, W4TV' lists@... [HamApps] wrote:
I have sent you session logs that followed a crash that occurred while
I was away during the mid portion of today. As typically happens,
JTAlertX stopped responding to anything other than the window controls
while I was away and the only course of action was to close the
Window [X] and then use Task Manager to end the remaining background
task (Audio & Visual Alerts for WSJT-x and JT65-HF).

73,

... Joe, W4TV