From: HamApps@... [mailto:HamApps@...]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:50 PM
To: HamApps@...
Subject: Re: [HamApps] HRD Error writing record to SQL Server

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear that your experiencing this long-standing defect with the published HRDLogbook API.

This affects HRD 6.3+ non-Access log users only. The workaround is to create a dummy Access log within HRDLogbook. This dummy log doesn't need to be used, it just needs to exist. After creating this dummy log, restart both HRDLogbook and JTAlert.

Regarding the response form HRD Support regarding their use of the "N1MM API". JTAlert uses the officially documented HRD Logging API as published my W4PC (HRD Owner & Lead Programmer) in the "HRD Public API" sub-forum of the HRD Support site.  http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/forum/hrd-6-x-peer-support-forums/hrd-public-api/34927-hrd-logbook-api

There is no documentation regarding the "N1MM API", only the API as currently used by JTAlert.

FWIW. I lodged a support ticket with HRD a few months ago after another user received the same "N1MM API" response. The only documentation that HRD Support would provide was a link to webpage on the N1MM site, (http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=UDP+Broadcasts#Contact_Info). This page only documents the schema (structure) of the N1MM UDP packet. There is nothing there related to how this is to be used with HRDLogbook by 3rd party applications. The schema as documented lacks several fields, in particular the QSL request fields, Solar data, several other fields and more importantly, only a single zone field without indicating if this is the CQ or ITU zone.

When HRD support was queried about the lack of HRD specific documentation regarding the use of this "N1MM API" and the missing log fields, there was no response and the ticket was closed.

The Log fields currently logged by JTAlert to HRDLogbook that are missing from this new API are...

QSLMSG
DISTANCE
LAT
LON
CNTY
ADDRESS
CQZ
ITUZ
A_INDEX
K_INDEX
SFI
QSL_SENT
QSL_RCVD
LOTW_QSL_SENT
LOTW_QSL_RCVD
EQSL_QSL_SENT
EQSL_QSL_RCVD

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 21/10/2016 2:33 AM, k2ak@... [HamApps] wrote:

I started getting these errors when JTAlert attempts to insert a record into the HRD-SQL-Database. I have been using the 3 software (HRD, WSJT-X, JTAlert-X) combination for a few years without issues. I have attached a capture of the error. I submitted a request for help from HRD-LLC and Basically told that they don't support 3rd party software.

----from HRD---

"HRD does not support 3rd party programs. The author of JTAlert is aware of this problem and chooses not to use the API that works for N1MM."

---

What gives?

Who should I be contacting for assistance with this problem?

Thank you,

Jeff - K2AK