locked Re: [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert Callsign Databases - New version, 12.07.21 (2012-Jul-21), available

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups04@...>

Interesting, the Sound Files Setup being flagged differently to the Databases Setup.
Both use the same Installer package (Advanced Installer) to create the Setup.exe file and neither package installs executable files, only .wav (for sounds) and .mdb (for databases), so why one will be flagged differently is unclear to me.

de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 21/07/2012 10:04 PM, Jim - N4ST wrote:
I used AVG for many years, until it became so bloated and slowed my system down that I was willing to pay for virus protection.
AVG may be better now, after so many customer complaints.
Actually, I was misleading when I said Norton red-flagged the Callsign Database, it just yellow-flags it as being a low customer usage unknown.
It is the Sound & Voice files that get red-flagged as containing the Suspicious.Cloud.5.D virus.  (Which is a false positive).
As Laurie said, this has all been discussed quite some time ago, and I'm sorry I made the joke.

Jim - N4ST

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of KB3TC
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 07:43
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert Callsign Databases - New version, 12.07.21 (2012-Jul-21), available

Jim,
What can I tell you......GET RID OF NORTON!!
Get a FREE virus scanner that works (AVG, Avira, etc)
™Tim

On 7/20/2012 22:22 PM, Jim - N4ST wrote:

Ah yes, another virus laden .exe to download. 

Just kidding, but it still is a bit unnerving for Norton to put up the big red banner. ☺

Jim – N4ST

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.