locked Re: [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert Callsign Databases - New version, 12.07.21 (2012-Jul-21), available

Jim Campbell <jim@...>

Laurie,

Thanks for the update to the database. I have a favour to ask of you. Can you please check to see if my call is listed as being registered with both LOTW and eQSL?

I would like to reiterate what a blessing JT-Alert is. Trying to do anything on JT65-HF without it would be very difficult. In fact, if you withdrew it I would almost certainly quit using JT65.

Regards,

Jim - W4BQP

On 7/20/2012 11:00 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

Hi Eddy,

Just a "heads up"...

The next release of JT-Alert has an inbuilt updater to check for new version availability and will download and install the database automatically. Also the 3 databases are being replaced by a single database file, so that callsign State/eQSL/LoTW lookup will only require one file access and one database query compared to the current three separate file accesses and db queries. The file format will change from the current MSAccess .mdb file format to SQLite. There are several operational and speed advantages to this format and is not reliant on Microsoft MDAC components being correctly registered, especially on older XP OS's.

Cheers
de Laurie, VK3AMA