locked Re: : Re: Is logging to HRD v6 Database fixed?

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups08@...>

Neal,

WSJT-X needs to be running first, if not, JTAlert will pause and display a waiting message.
HRDLogbook can be started anytime, it needs to be running for JTAlert logging to HRD to work as the new API uses TCP to communicate.

One thing I neglected to mention regarding the logging setup, the ODBC DSN for your HRD Log needs to be set as JTAlert uses that to read the HRD Log to confirm the QSO was written (the result message from the API are unreliable so JTAlert reads the log directly)

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 11/03/2016 4:45 PM, nealix@... [HamApps] wrote:
OK, that is very good.   I am running JT-Alert ver 2.6.30 and HRD 6.3.0.483.

Question, since I can't find a user manual for JT-Alert.   Once I configure JT-Alert to use
the HRD logbook, what is the sequence of programs to start?  In other words;
Do I start WSJT-X, then HRD Logbook, and then JT-Alert?   Or do I need to start the full
Ham Radio Deluxe main program (as opposed to just directly starting the logbook app)?

Thanks,

Neal