locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: Alert 1.5

Don Leitch <don@...>

Tnx I just did what you suggested and HRD uses a LOT less than  jt65 hf and jt alert my two biggest users are cleaner validator and system idle what ever they are I must google them

Don zl1atb

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of K. D. Sarchet
Sent: Tuesday, 18 October 2011 2:26 p.m.
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: RE: [Ham-Apps] Re: Alert 1.5

To determine the resources  individual processes are utilizing, run task manager and look at the individual processes in the processes tab.  If you click on the ‘CPU Column Header’ 2 times (not double click) it will sort from highest CPU process to lowest.  Likewise for the Memory column.  This way you can find out what is taking up so much processor and memory.

My biggest killer of CPU is usually HRD, which is normally around 50%.  I have experimented with the polling interval, for the radio, on HRD, thinking that might bring down the CPU usage, but it made no difference at all.

FWIW, on my machine, JT65-HF runs about 5% CPU until it hits the decode (which normally lasts for less than 1 second) at which time it spikes at around 30%.  JT-Alert hits 1% CPU every couple of seconds.  These two apps are very tame on my machine.

73 de WY5R - KD

JT65A Power Calculator