locked Re: New Country

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 1/01/2016 11:46 AM, arthur@... [HamApps] wrote:
ON 60m.  I have worked several PA stations, when they show up, they get correctly labeled as B4.  However other PA stations flag the new country alarm.
The "wanted DXCC" correctly shows I have worked the Netherlands on JT65.
any suggestions?

Art
K0AY
Art,

Unless "PA" is marked as no longer needed, by either manually updating the "Wanted DXCC" settings or via a Scan Log, all new "PA" stations will still generate the Alert. JTAlert does not automatically remove a DXCC (or State, Grid, Zone, etc) once worked.

Most users only consider something as no longer needed after there has been a form of confirmation, Card, Lo
tw or eQSL, which happens long after the QSO (days, weeks, years perhaps). I chose to not allow JTAlert to automatically remove the Wanted Status by merely working a Station, but instead rely on a Scan Log or Manual update to change the status which is initiated by the user.

Also consider, if your tracking a Wanted DXCC by mode and have PA confirmed on JT65 and have updated the Wanted Lists to indicated PA is no longer needed, a decode of a PA station running JT9 will still generate the Alert.

If none of the above answers you question, please use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis. Include in that email the Callsign and Date/Time when you observed a Wanted Alert when there should have been no alert.