locked Re: LOG40M Setup from JTAlertX

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups07@...>

On 24/12/2015 4:04 AM, w8lmg@... [HamApps] wrote:

I am using WSJT-X and JTAlertX for JT65/JT9 and would like to log directly to LOG40M.

I have looked at the setup and thought I had a good path to the LOG40M SQLite file but

have not had any success.

QRZ and Clublog are working fine so I think I may just have a bad file path.

Thanks.

Mac W8LMG

Mac,

Is JTAlert logging the QSO to Log4OM? Logging is independent of the SQLite log file path and will work regardless of the the path set. If the path is wrong, JTAlert will throw an error message that logging could not be confirmed.

JTAlert needs the SQLite log file set so that it can perform the QSO Logged check, B4 checks, QSO history lookups and the Log Scan to populate/update your Wanted lists.

The log file path is not fixed (like some other loggers), it can be stored anywhere and that location was determined by you when you initially created the Log4OM log. Log4OM supports multiple logs, so the first .sqlite file you encounter may not necessarily be the log file of your currently active log.

If you use the Log4OM "file -> open database" menu the resulting window should open to the directory where you have your logs stored and you will most likely see your current log and possibly others. That will most likely be the directory you need to navigate to when setting the log file path within JTAlert.