locked Re: JT Alert : "QSO B4" not always accurate

Robert Lorenzini

If logging by mode (jt65/jt9) is enabled you could have the same call twice
on one band.

Bob - wd6dod

On 12/9/2015 2:24 PM, 'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups07@... [HamApps] wrote:

On 10/12/2015 9:07 AM, boboberan@... [HamApps] wrote:

I am using JT Alert by itself with no separate logging program.

For the most part, the qsos that I log in WSJT-X / JT Alert get flagged as "QSO B4" when those callsigns are received again as either initiating a new CQ or when they are transmitting a message to some other party.

However, there has been at least one case where a recently-logged qso's callsign does not get flagged as "QSO B4" when it comes up again when it initiates a CQ.

I know that JT Alert is very picky about what goes into its log file as far as what it recognizes as a previous valid qso, but I would have thought that if it logs a given qso itself it should always recognize it in the future.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks much,

Bob

Bob,

Not sure what you mean by "I know that JT Alert is very picky about what goes into its log file".

JTAlert maintains a Worked B4 log for users that don't have logging enabled. Each QSO that is logged by WSJT-X is recorded in that B4 file. The Callsign and the corresponding Band/Mode are recorded for each logging action.

If you see evidence that a B4 call is not flagged as a B4 in JTAlert, then I will need to examine your session files.
Please use the "? -> Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your Configuration and Session files for analysis. Include in that support message the Callsign and UTC date/time when you observed this behaviour.