From: "'Laurie, VK3AMA' groups07@... [HamApps]"
To: HamApps@...
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] UDP Question (Repost)

On 9/12/2015 4:25 AM, 'Jim Besancon' k8sia@... [HamApps] wrote:
Sorry if this was answered, but I can’t find any reference to it.

Jim

Good Day

All comments reference V1.6 and message tab 1 in WSJT-X.

Without UDP, I call CQ, click on the response to begin Msg2, click in the free form macro I wanted and it would load Msg5 and set the “next” button. At this point, I had 90 seconds, or more, to get a cup of coffee.

With UDP, I call CQ, click on the response to begin Msg2, click in the free form macro I wanted and it loads Msg5, sets the “next” button and switches WSJT-X to begin sending Msg5.

Question, is there a way to only set the “next” button for Msg5 when using UDP, so that it performs like it does without UDP?

73 Jim K8SIA

Jim,

Once the free message "Next" radio button is enabled, whether by a user manually clicking the radio button or by JTAlert, the transmission of that message is "Next" in the queue and will start transmitting the message at the top of the next minute.

Enabling the radio button doesn't initiate transmission of the Free Text message immediately.

Are you observing something different? Is WSJT-X behaving differently when manually enabling the Radio button as opposed to the radio button being enabled via UDP? They should be the same.
What version of WSJT-X are your running?