locked Re: UDP Question (Repost)

Michael Black

I asked for a tri-state solution and it was disapproved.
Clicking the Next isn't all that much to ask.  Probably a small pain if you use the macro buttons a lot.    Only time I use them is for a signal message or a non-standard 73...but only then non-standard 73 when I see a non-standard response from them.   There are at least two people who have said they won't log your QSO if you don't follow the EXACT exchange showed in the help file so I don't send any non-standard messages unless they do.

Are you using macros a lot?

And you're right....WSJT-X was moving stuff around and JTAlert relied on everything being at the same location so was very problematic.
Mike W9MDB

To: HamApps@...
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 1:49 PM
Subject: RE: [HamApps] UDP Question (Repost)

Mike

Close, but no cigar.

Setting the "Don't activate WSJT-X Free Text Field", results in the macro being loaded to message 5 BUT the Next indicator is not set.

I can manually set the Next indicator, which is acceptable, but is different than V1.5.

Checking again, I find that in V1.6 there is no way with or without UDP to set the message and the next indicator in WSJT-X.

Without UDP, you can’t even set the macro message and with UDP you can set the macro message without Next or with Next and Now.

If I recall, this behavior is a result of JTAlert allowing for resizing WSJT-X.

73 Jim K8SIA

Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] UDP Question (Repost)

Yes.  Settings/Window/Macros
Click the "Don't activate WSJT-X Free Text Field"
Mike W9MDB

Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:25 AM
Subject: [HamApps] UDP Question (Repost)

Sorry if this was answered, but I can’t find any reference to it.

Jim

Good Day

All comments reference V1.6 and message tab 1 in WSJT-X.

Without UDP, I call CQ, click on the response to begin Msg2, click in the free form macro I wanted and it would load Msg5 and set the “next” button. At this point, I had 90 seconds, or more, to get a cup of coffee.

With UDP, I call CQ, click on the response to begin Msg2, click in the free form macro I wanted and it loads Msg5, sets the “next” button and switches WSJT-X to begin sending Msg5.

Question, is there a way to only set the “next” button for Msg5 when using UDP, so that it performs like it does without UDP?

73 Jim K8SIA

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.